i can’t even post silly little collage things on my personal blog without people calling me a whore in several different thinly veiled ways, as well as a vapid moron and insane. what is to be done?
become a different person
(1) deflect all pride or interest in your body beyond its capacity as a tool for manipulation of inhuman objects
(2) reject every interaction best described as ‘use’ or ‘abuse’: you may discern these by observing whether the inspiration for further invitation is obscured by the urgency of it; whether what people want from you bleeds (no matter how cynically someone could calculate this capillary action in advance, from a posthumanist sociological perspective) beyond what you can do, through what you would do, checkt by what you should do, to some pure and purified you
(3) reflect in solitude (online, but logged out) on the arrangement of historical forces that have made (1) and (2) inordinately difficult for you as a woman, young, likely alienated from her peers and family, proffered no avenues for self-empowerment beyond the acts of romance we’ve powderized to sex and expression to fame
(4) confect conviction out of confusion regarding (3) by reading words and the definitions of words
(5) move ceaselessly, passt all doubt, as you recognize wisdom makes possible deserving power
afterwards you will find yourself welcomed to make art about your body, entrusted by an audience that respects your respect for them the better half of our peculiar but necessary distinction between ‘u>n>a>s>h>a>m>e>d>’ ‘unabashed’ and ‘shameless’. it may be wonderful, even. but it only has a shot if you consider everything beyond what you and (s)he put into each other that went into bringing you together. think about (without looking at) the shape of your face, the spacing between your eyes, the braids you have chosen to wear. think less about the surging, all-powerful sexual experiences these purchase than the enormous, ancient, variegated edifice of others’ that gives them currency.
(for another, harsher perspective try this captivity narrative from a former psychopath)